Wednesday, January 22, 2014

So It's January Now...

Somehow I haven't blogged in...well, a long time.  And lots and lots of things have happened since then.

For example, I got married.  That was pretty cool.  Adam proposed in Disneyland in September.  I'll do a whole post on that eventually.  And then we got married on November 27th.  Again, I'll do a separate post on that later.

And we just got back from our belated Honeymoon to...of course... DISNEYLAND!!! 

Now we're back and with my pass expiring on February 4th (I'll be crying that day), we're trying to find some fun and exciting things to do around Utah.  If you have any suggestions, we're open to them!

In the mean time, Adam is working super hard at the school.  He has a fundraising concert this weekend for the music program and then he jumps right in to Festival and Solo/Ensemble season.  He's even lucky enough to get to host his Region Solo/Ensemble.  I'm pretty sure that's some kind of hazing ritual.  Poor guy.  It's been really stressful, but I'm proud of him for how he's handled things.

I'm still at IMC in the infusion clinic.  It's a really great job and I'm blessed to have it.  I've also started teaching piano and voice lessons again.  I really do love teaching.  I have 3 students right now and am looking to increase that number.  So if you know of anyone who wants to drive to my house in Sandy for lessons, give them my info! 

We've had, what feels like, more than our fair share of illnesses and fatigue the last few months.  But I think we're finally coming out of that.  You know, except that we live in the Salt Lake Valley and, like everyone else, we're getting the smokers cough that comes with the icky air quality this time of year.  I miss California.

Our new ward is great and we're looking forward to new opportunities and callings here. 

With the new year we're attempting to be healthier, just like everyone else.  We got a Wii Fit from Amazon the other day and we're really excited to add that to our other health plans.  Thanks to Pinterest, I'm working on meal planning.  And Adam wants to learn how to cook more.  He's training to be my sous chef.  Hopefully someday we'll have a kitchen that is big enough that both of us can be in there without me getting irritable. 

We're also working on a few personal goals.  I got Adam a midi keyboard for Christmas and he's been really excited about getting some of his compositions published.  Hopefully we can get a piano solo book done by the end of the summer.  He's just so talented and I'm so amazed at his focus. 

That's kind of our life in a nutshell. We don't know what the future might hold for us, but for now, we're doing the best that we can with what we're given.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to read an update and I am especially looking forward to the wedding update! Sorry about dealing with the nasty inversion... I certainly don't miss Utah in the wintertime.

    ReplyDelete