"I think you mean an epiphany."
"Lightning just struck my brain."
"That must have hurt."
(SIDE NOTE: If you don't know this movie reference, I don't know that I want you reading my blog anymore. Just kidding....sort of.)
Recently, I experienced a moment of clarity. I realized that I can't actually control everything. For a self-admitting control-freak, this was an incredible break through. I know that I can plan and study and plan some more and work as hard as possible toward certain goals, but there are some things I do not have the power to actually achieve, no matter how much I want it.
Even more impressive than this epiphany, is the fact that I've actually accepted it. Acceptance is the final stage of grief. I suppose I just had to appropriately grieve for the loss of my control. And now I've accepted it and I'm ready for the next phase.
My new plan (Hey, there's nothing wrong with a Plan B), is called The Travel Initiative.
I have to admit, I'm really proud of the title I've given my new plan. It sounds so official!
Allow me to introduce you to The Travel Initiative:
Now that I've realized I do not get to control everything, I've decided not to let the things that might fall into this category consume me or my life.
The Travel Initiative comes into play here. I figure that Adam and I are still young (at least he is, and I haven't gone completely wrinkled and senile yet), and should be having new adventures and experiences. So...while we continue to hope for things to happen that might be out of our control, we are going to travel. As much as we can. And when we're not traveling, we're going to find new and exciting adventures to have around Utah.
The Travel Initiative is underway. To help fund this, I'm hoping my voice and piano studio starts to expand. And I'm back behind the camera with Moments That Click. We've already got our eye on some festive holiday plans this year. I'm so excited! I'll definitely announce it when it's official! (although if you follow me on Pinterest, you've undoubtedly had sneaking suspicions.)
If anyone has suggestions for various locations we should go as part of The Travel Initiative, comment away!
No comments:
Post a Comment