I've already had several.
Epic Adventure #1-
We had a roommate move out. Lindsey and I decided not to search for another roommate. Now we have an office/guest room/exercise room/lots more storage space. It's been nice. In related news, the apartment stays cleaner now.
Epic Adventure #2-
I flooded the apartment. Not the entire apartment really, just the laundry room and part of the kitchen. Turns out that the apartment has had an ongoing problem. But we had a pretty mild winter last year so it didn't happen. Apparently the washer drain pipe is on an exterior wall that was not properly insulated and so in extreme (or sometimes not so extreme) freezing temperatures, the water in the pipe would freeze. And then if you tried to do laundry and weren't paying attention because your washer had never flooded before, the water that is supposed to go down the drain backs up and comes back into the apartment, down the wall and onto the floor, spreading out into the kitchen as the gallons continue to flow. We used the mop a lot for a few weeks as we went through a few ill-conceived "fixes" from the complex manager and handyman. But we got smart and started to keep an eye on the washer, so we didn't have to mop as much water per incident. Finally, they cut a big ole hole in the wall and sprayed more insulation around the pipe. The wall is still missing, but we haven't had any more incidents. Now if only we had a working doorbell.
Epic Adventure #3-
I took and passed my PTCB exam. I got my certificate and can now put the letters CPhT after my name. Yep. I'm that cool. Not only did I pass, but I rocked that test.
Epic Adventure #4-
I finished my 180 extern hours. Ugh. 180 UNPAID extern hours. In 4 weeks. So much unpaid work. And they offered me a job. Since I don't have anything else lined up, I accepted for now. But I'm not totally thrilled about it and have a few other projects on the horizon.
Epic Adventure #5-
I went on a California Adventure Trip! I visited a friend in Palm Desert for a couple days. And then I got to go to Disneyland for 5 days. And...I got an Annual Passport to Disneyland. Check off a Bucket List Item! AND I can guarantee many more California and Disneyland based Epic Adventures in the future.
Epic Adventure #6-
I did a self make-over this week. New hair, new make up looks, new Wendi. I've had a frustrating month filled with some very negative thoughts about myself. So I thought it was time for a fresh approach to life and fresh look is always a good place to start. I'll post some pictures later.
I don't have specifics on the next adventure, but you can be sure it will be Epic.
No comments:
Post a Comment