Sunday, March 3, 2013

It's Time for Some Change

Ugh!  Life is rough sometimes.  I thought things needed a little freshening.  When I was growing up, my mom would randomly rearrange furniture in the house.  I now wonder if that wasn't one of her ways of dealing with stress.  Furniture arrangement was something she could control.  Meh.  Whatever the reason, I rearranged the living room yesterday and today I'm doing a little life redecorating.

Things are a little bit of a disaster right now.  Not like DISASTER!  Just chaotic.  And I've been trying to tackle all aspects at once.  This was not only complete uneffective, but actually made it worse, I think.  So this morning I came up with a plan.

Step 1- Get a new job.  I have a certain amount of control over this one.  The job I have is not the right fit for me.  I'll leave it at that.

Step 2- Forget Facebook.  I won't be going completely offline, but I need to withdraw from the Facebook work in a substantial way.  I can't keep reading about how so many people are getting the things I want or about how awful the world is.  And all the Facebook Politicking is exhausting me.  Plus, I really shouldn't care what everyone is doing.  I think I thought I was living vicariously through the seemingly more exciting lives of others.  Instead, I was just resenting the fact that I wasn't getting to have the things I thought I should have.  Some of those things are within my power to have, others, not so much.  But it's time I stop getting so frustrated at the world because of what people write on Facebook, which is probably slightly exaggerated.  No offense, folks.  Just the way it has to be.

Step 3-  New exercise routine.  I think I'm going to take up Kickboxing.  I think it'll be good for the aggression I have.  I think a balanced routine of Kickboxing and Yoga (and some Just Dance 3 with Angie) ought to help me chill out a little. Plus, I'll be working out.

Step 4- I have got to get out of my house at least 2 times a week and do something that isn't work.  It's rough because I work 1-8 and in the morning I'm trying to get things done around the house.  But I seriously need human contact (that isn't work).  So if anyone wants to help me not go insane, let me know!

Step 5- Be Positive.  I've been letting a lot of negative thoughts creep in my mind and take hold.  And it's not okay.  It's tearing me apart from the inside out.  It makes me angry at myself for letting them in.  If anyone has any good suggestions for helping out with this, I'd really appreciate them.

Step 6- Continue with the Epic Adventures.  Some of them might not seem very exciting to you folks, but I've got to find something cool in my life some days.

That's what I've got for now.  And as you can see, the blog has had a facelift.  I'm going for the Meg from Hercules inspiration.  I'm a Damsel.  I'm in Distress.  I can handle it.  Have a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment