Some of you might remember a dark time when I lived in Colorado. Grand Junction, CO, to be precise. And I wasn't a fan.
Back in the spring, we found out that Adam needed to go to a conference in Denver. Since all we had to do was pay for my plane ticket, we thought it would be a fun little adventure.
It was...something.
It rained the whole time we were there, which is apparently unusual for Denver.
The first day, I had Adam drive himself to the conference because he had to be there early and I wanted to sleep. Then I had a leisurely morning and wandered over to the nail salon and got a mani-pedi. It was fantastic. And then I took a nap.
When Adam got back that afternoon from his first day at the conference, we went to dinner and did a little shopping at the Outlets at Castle Rock. There, I found a Vera Bradley Outlet. And it was amazing!!! Seriously! Everything was 50% off. I got myself a new bag! And I love it. Afterwards, we drove around downtown Denver.
The next day, I took Adam to the conference so I could have the car to run some errands. I had to go to the American Girl Store in Denver. I had a birthday coming up for my niece. Pretty much I went in, got the present and then got out of there. It was a little overwhelming to be honest. Lots of dolls. Lots of people. Lots of kids wanting their parents to spend lots of money. Then I drove around a bit. That evening, we drove out to Boulder to see what it was like. It took us an hour to go 10 miles because the freeway flooded because of all the rain.
Boulder was lovely, but kind of disappointing after all the time it took to get there.
On Wednesday, I got up early and drove to Colorado Springs to visit my friend, Miranda. She was one of my best friends in High School. Her husband is in the military, so they haven't spent much time living close by. But it was great to spend the day with her. Since we're both UBER responsible control-freaks, we really get each other. I really am so blessed to have such incredible friends! I'm glad she's closer than she has been, but I wish she was even closer!
That evening, Adam and I were tired of the rain and went to see How to Train Your Dragon 2. It was awesome! We both loved it!
Thursday I had to be out of the hotel at noon, so I joined Adam in the afternoon at the Conference. Because what wife doesn't love AP Music Theory discussions? Wait. You're saying most women wouldn't have wanted to do that? Hm...
Basically, we couldn't do much in Denver because it was raining and most things there are outdoorsy. They do a lot advertising for beer too.
But it was nice to get away and Adam really enjoyed his conference.
No comments:
Post a Comment