Here's how a conversation between me and my mother went yesterday morning.
Wendi: Hey mom. Let's go to Canada this week. I just have to turn in my Pharmacy Technician Application Monday morning and then we can leave.
Mom: Okay. Can we go by way of Mount Rushmore.
Wendi: Sure. Why not.
Mom: Let's go home and book hotels and plot our course.
Wendi: Awesome.
Okay, there were a few other things we had to nail out before we could be 100% sure that it was going to work. But basically within 30 minutes of initiating the conversation, we'd decided we were going on the most Epic Trip EVER!
You're all going to want to keep a close eye on the blog this week. Here's how things are going:
Monday: Drive to Keystone, SD and check in to a hotel for the night (approx 12 hours)
Tuesday: Spend the day exploring Mount Rushmore.
Wednesday: Drive to Missoula, Montana and check in to a hotel (approx 11 hours)
Thursday: Drive to Seattle (approx 8 hours) and explore Seattle before heading further north to check in to a hotel for the night.
Friday: Go to Vancouver, BC, Canada. Get a stamp in my passport (oh I'll make them stamp it), visit a foreign country and find myself a Mounty. Spend the day exploring.
Saturday: Tyler flies in to Seattle. We pick him up and make our way through his mission areas on our home Sunday.
Monday: Get home, likely in the late afternoon.
I'm taking my camera and I'm super excited to try my hand at a little Landscape Photography. I've been reading up in preparation (you know...today). And the awesome part is that I will be checking off at least 3 items on the 30 Before 30 List.
I don't know how to describe it except that it's going to be
LEGEN....Wait for it....
...DARY!!!
ReplyDeleteHow cool is your mom?! Have so much fun. Going to Mt. Rushmore is totally on my life bucket list.