So I've recently been working on this song for voice lessons called Fifty Percent. It's a great low song and I love singing it. It talks about settling for Fifty Percent of things. And it got me thinking about how I settle for less than 100% of a lot of things.
I'm really not an under achiever. In fact, I'm a perpetual over achiever. Usually, if I don't give 110%, I consider it a failed attempt. Yeah. I have issues. But that's not really the point.
What I've been thinking about is how I've been settling for less than 100% Positive Attitude. And that changes now. No more settling for 50% Positive because that means 50% Negative. And quite frankly, I just can't handle my negative self. It makes me very unpleasant to live with(and I spend a lot of time with myself).
I've got some thoughts on how I'm going to fix things. First, I really need to be more grateful. I went back and read some of my gratitude posts. I especially liked my Day 90 Gratitude post. 90 things I'm thankful for. I'm still thankful for all those things. But sometimes I forget.
Second, I need to stop dwelling on the things that I can't control. This is going to be really really hard because I'm such a control freak. Some things are just out of my control. I'm going to let go. I am. Seriously! I CAN DO IT! It'll be FINE!
And I need to start taking action with things that ARE in my control. I can't just wait around for things to happen to me. I need to do it the Miss Frizzle way(Magic School Bus! Come on kids!) and Take Chances, Make Mistakes and Get Messy!
So that's the plan! No more Fifty Percent for me! 100% is the minimum! I hope you can all handle that much awesomeness!
No comments:
Post a Comment