I love me some Spring! I love when the snow starts to melt, and the flowers start peaking thru the dirt. I love when temperature starts climbing and the sun stays out longer than usual. I love all the outside activites you can do and the fact that you can open the windows.
I don't so much love the allergies or the bugs that start creeping back out.
But what I love most about Spring, is the feeling of change that comes. Out with the snow; in with the flowers! Mother Nature does a little Spring Cleaning of her own, with the rain and wind.
And Spring Cleaning gives me an excuse to not look like I belong in the Loony Bin for my OCD tendencies(There's nothing wrong with being a clean person!). I've done a bit of cleaning here and there in preparation for Sping Cleaning. But now, the gloves come off...or rather, it's time to put the gloves on. The Cleaning Gloves, that is. I've got big plans for this next week! And it's always nice therapy, and after last week, I definitely have some things to put behind me.
And you know, my house isn't the only thing that needs Spring Cleaning. I think Spring is a great time to reevaluate things in life and do a little clean out there too. Fortunately after 8 more days of teaching, I'll be able to take care of a big old piece of stress and can move on to other things. I've appreciated the learning experience of teaching and basically having my own classes. And I've learned a lot of things about what I like about teaching and what I DON'T like about teaching. And there have been a few valuable life lessons too. But it's starting to eek into other parts of my life, and I don't like that one little bit.
There are a few other things I need to clear out too. I'm caring around more bitterness about various things than is really healthy. It's time to let go and move beyond. Being single again is rearranging my life in ways I really didn't see coming. So I'm still settling things that way. Also, I've really got to start working out again. Spring weather means no more sweaters and long pants. I need to make myself more publicly presentable(i.e. Not glow in the dark and not flabby...and yes, I know I'm skinny, but I still would like to be leaner).
Wow! I've got a lot on my Spring To Do List! What am I doing blogging? I need to get busy!
No comments:
Post a Comment