Friday, June 1, 2012

A Cry For Help

With only a handful of months left before I turn 30(insert groan here), I'm posting an update on my 30 Things to do Before I Turn 30 list(original post HERE). The things that are cossed out are things that are at least 90% done. Anything that isn't crossed off, I need some help with. Please help!

If we delve into the inner workings of Wendi's brain(no fear, we won't go far, I don't want to terrify you), we discover that if she doesn't accomplish her 30 Before 30 List, I'll feel like a big fat failure on my 30 birthday, having not accomplished anything(even if I cross off 29 of the 30 things, I'll still feel like I have accomplished nothing. Explaining this would take you to the scary place, so just go with it). To put it simply... Since I'm not married, don't have kids, don't have a career and have done nothing of note in my life, if I don't complete this list, it's going to be a really sad birthday...like with tears(and those just might happen anyway if I think of the afore mentioned items I do not have)...and you all know that since I'm dead inside, if I cry, it's REALLY bad.

Here's my cry for help.... HELP!

30 Things to do Before I Turn 30
(In no particular order)

1. Go Camping (it's been a while since I've been and I miss it...this trip should also include fishing because I like that too)
2. Get rid of my Data Plan (I don't have enough self-control to stay off Facebook and other soul-sucking things)
3. Go ice skating(I don't think I've been since I was 12)
4. Attend a yoga class
5. Get a spray tan (I've never been tanning- fake baking or spray tanning)
6. Eat Eggs (my mom doesn't like eggs so I've never really eaten them...but I should probably at least try them before I turn 30)
7. Compose a piece of music (It's been far too long and I'm feeling inspired)
8. Visit a State I've never been to
9. Stay up all night (it's been a long time since I've pulled an all nighter...but I think I'm up to the challenge)
10. Get a massage (Never had one...but I want one)
11. Learn to swim (laugh all you want...I doggie paddle...but I mean business now)
12. Kiss in the rain (there's a lot of back story to this one and I'm not going to explain it)
13. Brush up on my French (That would be the language...in case you're confused)
14. Take a tap class (I can tap, but I've never really taken a class. I'd like to take a ballroom dance class...but it's awkward when you go to those by yourself.)
15. Be able to do the splits (I'm actually getting really close...how many 30 year olds do you know that can do the splits?)
16. Watch 5 movies everyone quotes but I've never seen (there's more than 5, but I need to start somewhere)
17. Read 5 "Classics" (Cuz I want to feel literate)
18. Make 6 new recipes (I love to cook)
19. Learn a new car-related skill (as a single woman, I really should know more than I do)
20. Learn a new handy man skill (If I knew how to fix things I wouldn't have to sit on my washer during the spin cycle...on the down side...How do I coerce guys to my house if I know how to fix things?)
21. Learn a new computer skill (I'm pretty tech savvy...but I'm a nerd)
22. Go on a spontaneous trip
23. Make a 72 hour kit (cuz, you know, I should be prepared)
24. Wear a bikini (I never have and I if I'm ever going to, shouldn't it be before I'm 30...plus I'm working out and looking pretty hot right now)
25. Memorize 2 piano pieces (I don't memorize as much anymore...and I really should)
26. Try new dishes at restaurants (I have a tendency to just order the same thing every time)
27. Do something I've been too scared to do (I don't have anything specific in mind)
28. Go to a foreign Country
29. Get a stamp in my passport (I've had one for 4 years dang it!)
30. Have the perfect kiss (thank you FRIENDS for this idea)

I know you're all intrigued about some of the crossed off items. Don't ask. I'm not telling all the stories. Just be glad those aren't the ones you have to help me with.

1 comment:

  1. Wendi seriously come down here and we can help you with a large chunk of these. I taught swimming for 15 years, so there's that. Dan speaks French, I make eggs on a regular basis, I actually just bought all the stuff to make our 72 hour kits and Dan is a computer wizard and can help with the brushing up! Seriously...Garfields to the rescue!

    ReplyDelete