I've been jumping around in the Harry Potter saga lately. It's just something to have on in the background while I'm working on things around the house or editing pictures or other such activites. And last time, while I was watching Harry Potter 7 pt 1 and 2, I had a few insights I felt compelled to share.
Well, it's happened again. I was watching number 6(Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince), and it hit me. Everything you need for life, you can learn from Harry Potter. Okay, that's not really what hit me. But what I did find interesting was the way some of the characters are developed.
In particular, I find it fascinating how the relationships between characters develop. For example, when pursuing a boy, you don't want to follow in Lavender Brown's footsteps. She latches onto Ron and smothers him to death with ooey gooey affection. And especially since Ron is only being impulsive when it comes to Lavender, it's definitely not going to be a last relationship.
Meanwhile, Hermione has her heart ripped out because Ron is an idiot. And what does she do? She withdraws into books and studies and builds her friendships with others, in an attempt to distract herself. And of course, she avoids Ron when at all possible. She could probably have her pick of boys. But she doesn't want just anyone. She wants Ron and he spends the better part of 7 years being a total moron. And she just waits it out.
And then take Ginny. She likes Harry from the minute that she meets him. And, like Ron, he's a moron. But she doesn't throw herself into other activities. I mean, there's that unfortunate diary incident her first year. But after that, she just goes on with her life. We all know she always has feeling for Harry, but she dates loads of other guys. She always holds on to that hope for Harry to stop being an idiot. But she never pushes. She never forces the issue. She just waits ever so patiently for the right moment. Genius.
Basically, it's best to be a Ginny. Hermione is a close 2nd. And whatever you do, don't be Lavender. That chick is all kinds of crazy.
No comments:
Post a Comment