I used to think I was THE Wendy from Peter Pan. I mean, how cool would that be, right?! I kept waiting for Peter Pan to come flying in my window and take me off to Neverland. AND I imagined myself marrying someone named Peter(It's nice to know that I've been delusional since I was a small child). I guess back then I was fairly confident that I would be able to produce the happy thoughts required for lift off. These days, I'm not sure that's always true. And since I now have the opportunity to marry someone named Peter, I really need to be better prepared.
So here are some of my Happy Thoughts...
Obviously:
The Nieces. Seriously I would die without these girls! I love their faces SO MUCH! Everything about them makes me smile(that's because I'm the aunt, not the mom, so everything is adorable). I'm pretty sure I'd really only need this happy thought to fly, but just in case...
Reese Peanut Butter Cup MINIS!!! If they sold these in bulk at Costco, I would buy them! SIDE NOTE: If they do sell these at Costco, don't tell me. They are just the perfect ratio of chocolate to peanut butter. They're really tasty.
I love music! I love when songs pop into my head and then burst out my mouth. And I love when music is on and I can't help but start dancing. It makes me smile just thinking about some of my awesome dance moves. And I love that I have friends who join in with their own super cool dance moves.
My friends! I would be a crazy person without them(okay, a crazIER person). And I'm realizing there are several of my favorite people I don't have pictures with. That's going to have to be rectified(CECILY!). And Angie, aren't you so glad this is the only picture I could find of the two of us? It's super flattering of both of us, don't you think?
This is Fleagle Beagle. He's been with me since the beginning. And yes he lives with me. No he does not sleep with me(does that make anyone feel better?). He's seen me through thick and thin. He's wiped a lot of tears and snotty noses(the latter was a LOOONG time ago). He always listens. And he makes me happy.
What? It's the Happiest Place on Earth! Okay, technically, this is the castle at Disney World, which is "Where Dreams Come True". But semantics, right?
It's not a glamorous list, but still. These are some of the things that make me happy. And somedays, it's good to remind yourself that there are things that make you happy. Sometimes you might have to look really hard. Sometimes it's easy. Sometimes they are big things. Sometimes it's as simple as movie night with a friend. It's whatever makes you smile to think about. You know the smiles that you can't seem to stop from creeping on your face? Those are your happy thoughts.




Aaw, Fleagle Beagle is cute!
ReplyDelete