Saturday, August 17, 2013

UPDATE: Work

Since I last updated, I've had a lot of career changes in my life....

Previously, I reported that I had 2 interviews at Intermountain facilities.  They both went very well and both hospitals wanted me.  Fortunately, the big Mother Ship in Murray (IMC), gets priority.  So I started at the beginning of April as a PRN Pharmacy Technician at IMC.  I did about 5 weeks of training and then began filling in.  It was pretty good.  Definitely a step up from the pharmacy I did my Externship at, and then worked for a couple months.  But not having a consistent schedule and having to work occasional weekends.

However, a great opportunity came up shortly.  And in June, I was offered a position in the Infusion Clinic at IMC as an IV tech.  And....I LOVE it!  5 days a week, 7-3:30, no weekends, no holidays.  It's pretty much perfection.  And it's a big step up, career-wise, from what I started out doing.  I'm amazed I've been able to advance so quickly!  I feel so blessed!

At this point, I think I'm pretty content as a Tech.  I don't have a huge desire to go back, do all my prerequisites and then have several more years in Pharmacy school.  I'm also playing the piano still for Cecily on Tuesdays.  And that helps with my little music bug.

Anyway, so that's my work update.

No comments:

Post a Comment