Most of the time, I pretty happy I have roommates. My one roommate, Lindsey is really great. We play well together. We stay out of each other's way when necessary. We clean up after ourselves and don't mind picking up the slack when the other is having a busy day or week. We've gone to movies and gone shopping together. Part of the reason is probably that we're both a little older(she's 31). But we're also both responsible, neat and tidy people.
My other roommate, Bealynn, is 25 and not so responsible or neat and tidy. Lindsey and I are constantly cleaning up after her. She leaves her stuff everywhere. When she cooks, she's tornado.
This week, I'm conducting an experiment. Lindsey is out of town. It's just me and Bea. She's already made a disaster in the kitchen that she hasn't cleaned up(that was last night). I ran the dishwasher last night and emptied it today. The experiment is that I'm only cleaning up the mess that I make this week. And I really don't anticipate much mess since I'm really busy this week with various things(so ready for the District Choir Festival to be over Tuesday night...there will be a blog post about that for sure).
Pretty much any mess that is around the apartment, kitchen especially, will be Bea's. I'm wondering if she'll figure out that I'm not cleaning up after her. I'm hoping it will kick her in the pants and get her to start cleaning up her own freaking messes. She always says she will, but seriously, days will go by and she still won't have taken care of it.
Right now there's one pan in the sink, one on the stove and a whole slew of utensils and rubbermaid containers strewn all over the house. It's already a disaster and I'm sure if I can survive this experiment. But I'm not very confrontational, so this is the only way I can think of to try to deal with it.
I'll keep you all posted on how the experiment goes.
Eek, good luck! It sounds like you might need it. And I am totally curious... is Bealynn's last name Taylor? That name isn't very common and my good friend Aimee {Farr} Taylor's husband Nate has a sister with that name.
ReplyDeleteIt sure is Taylor. And it's totally not going well. Small world though, huh?
ReplyDeleteHaha, that's crazy! I hope y'all survive this experiment ;-S
ReplyDeleteThe name of this post reminded me of the Big Bang Theory. Perhaps you need a roommate agreement, things might run smoother that way.
ReplyDelete