As you can tell, I've been a little emotionally over-charged recently. It's less than charming, if you want my opinion. Watching Little Women just about did me in. There's the part where Beth is dying and Jo is there at her bedside talking to her. And Beth says she doesn't understand why everyone wanted to leave home. She said she was always content to stay at home. And then she says this, "I just didn't want to be left behind." And that was pretty much the end for me. And I'm not a crier. So you know it's got to be bad when that happens. We're not going to take the time to explore the many reasons that pushed me over the edge.
Anyway, yesterday I was at my mom's house, playing with Taylor Elisabeth and practicing stuff for my Beth callback. I was sitting at the piano playing and singing through "Some Things Are Meant to Be", the song Beth sings in the show right before she dies. And Taylor climbed up next to me and started playing too. And then I sang, "All my life, I've lived for loving you." And just then she leaned her head against my shoulder.
I'm not ashamed to say it melted my cold, dead heart. I probably would have started crying. However, right then, she turned her head and sneezed all over my arm.
I sure do love her face!
Melt my heart!
ReplyDelete