Thursday, April 5, 2012

Washington DC Day 3

Oh such a loooong day! We started the morning attempting to visit Senator Hatch. However, the senate is in recess and he was back in Utah. But the kids got to serenade all the senatorial aides.



After that, we took a tour of the US Capitol and saw the Library of Congress etc.



Then it was out to Mount Vernon for tours, sightseeing and another performance.

After that, we loaded back in the bus and headed back into town so the kids could sing at the Washington Wizards basketball game.



They were all really excited to get to do this. And I must admit, it was cool being back"stage" with all the important people.

And even though the Wizards are a pretty crappy team, the game was fun(and significantly shorter than the baseball game). I had some Dipping' Dots, which really hit the spot since I've been fighting a cold AND allergies on this trip.




It was a full day of excitement. 3 days left!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment