Friday, April 6, 2012

Washington DC Day 5

Today is our last full day in DC. We fly out tomorrow afternoon.

We started and ended the day at the Washington DC Temple Visitors Center. In the morning, they had a special clinic with a local choral director.

After the clinic, we headed back to town and spent the afternoon exploring museums, including the Holocaust Museum.

There just aren't adequate words to describe the museum. It's incredibly powerful and very thorough. I've spent a lot of time studying history(you know, cuz of my degree) and particularly European history. And while most of this information wasn't new to me, the way it's presented is so moving. I highly recommend this museum if you're ever in the area.

After an afternoon of museum-ing, we went back to the temple for the choir to give a full concert at the visitors center.




They are really great kids and they sound pretty good(not as good as my senior choir, but we were freaks of nature).




Now I'm preparing for an all nighter. Seriously. It's the last night and the kids get extra crazy/stupid. I wasn't one of those kids, but I know there are some here. I'm not very happy about it.

I just want to sleep!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment