
It was right by the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and such a moving performance for everyone participating.
We then went and watched the changing of the guard.

Arlington is so huge! I had no idea! And it's just about the only place with any cherry blossoms left.

After Arlington, we went to the Iwo Jima memorial. And we had lunch at the Pentagon Mall. Had me some Popeyes fried chicken. I grew up in the south and Popeyes is the only fried chicken I'll eat.

Much to my dismay, we spent 3 1/2 hours at a baseball game. I just can't do baseball games. Boring. At least, to me.
After the game, we headed out to dinner in Old Town Alexandria and wandered around there for a bit.
We just did room checks and now I'm ready to sleep for a previous 7 hours before we do more craziness tomorrow.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
I've been to D.C. a few times but still have never made it to Arlington but I do hope to some day.
ReplyDeleteAnd your baseball comment made me laugh. I use to be a big baseball hater. It was the one sport I told Paul I would not watch with him. Flash forward to now and it's one of my favorite sports. I'm so excited tomorrow is the season opener for the Braves *woot* Enjoy the rest of the trip!