Monday, May 21, 2012

Favorite Things- Summer 2012 Edition

With the heat of summer sneaking upon us, I thought I'd tell you some of my favorite things that help me not go crazy(completely) in the Utah heat.  I know you probably don't really care, but I'm a-gonna tell you anyway.

 This is my new discovery for this summer.  It's Garnier's Miracle Skin Perfector Tinted Moisturizer.  And it is AWESOME.  Seriously ladies, my new favorite tinted moisturizer.  I've been using a sample of Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer, which I love.  However, it's $40+ price tag...I don't so much love.  This lovely new product was only $11.97(I've only found it at Walmart, so all you Walmart-haters, you're just going to have to untwist your panties and go).  And it's a good sized product too.  I like it because it's not too greasy(seriously some tinted moisturizers are really slimy) and it provides decent coverage.  It only has SPF 15(I think), but some is better than none.  And this stuff is perfect coverage for summer time.  I hate wearing make up any time, really.  I wear it because that little voice called Vanity tells me to.  But any time I can get away with less, I jump on it.  With this I use a bit of concealer(have we discussed how irritated I am with the wrinkles AND the breakouts?  I'm in the midst of another (undoubtedly stress-induced) breakout and I'm less than pleased), my Nars Multiple(I splurged a while ago and have never once regretted it.  I won't tell you what color it is, except that it's scandalous sounding(hey, my brothers read this blog) and it's always voted the best blush color by Allure.), a little eye shadow, liner and mascara.  Seriously takes me 5 minutes and I'm ready to go.  And I've had a lot of compliments the last few days I've been using it.
 The Apartment has AC.  It also has 2 floors and no basement.  Oh how I miss having a basement retreat.  And oh how I hate sleeping on a 2nd story.  Hate it. Hate it. Hate it.  And I'm sorry but due to personal preference, I like to sleep with at least a light blanket(my bed spread really isn't very heavy.  It's a security blanket type thing, I guess.  Mock if you must).  But my mom bought a tower fan at Costco(love Costco) and it came with a mini.  So I've been using that.  However, it has started making weird noises...so I'm taking it back to my mom's house today.  There's no way I'll survive the summer without a fan next to my bed.
One of the best things about summer is all the fresh produce.  I'm a real produce snob and don't particularly care for canned fruits and veggies.  I mean, I cook with them when it's necessary.  But I really don't like to just eat them.  There are a few exceptions, of course.  Mostly, though, I love me some fresh fruits and veggies.  I can't wait for all the gardens to start producing and the peach trees to come on.  I know, that's still a while away.  In the meantime, I can enjoy that not all fruit is going to cost me my first born(suckers!  I'm not likely to have to pay up on that!) and be less than satisfying because it's not in season.

Another thing I'm excited about is swimming.  It's on my 30 Before I'm 30 list.  "Learn how to Swim".  I'm sure you've all laughed to yourself that I'm 30 and don't really know how to swim.  I'm happy to provide you a moment's entertainment.  I have my first pool party of the summer this weekend and while I probably won't be swimming laps, I do get to wear my swimsuit, which I actually really like.  And yes I'll be putting a bit more effort into my exercise routine this week.

Well, there you have it.  Some of my favorite summer-related things.  There are others, of course, but these are the ones I'm most obsessed with currently.  Maybe as summer goes along I'll update the list.  Meh.  We'll see.

2 comments:

  1. Hey I can't swim either and I'm the same age. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally trying that moisturizer. I'm almost out of my Stila stuff and they changed the formula and raised the price. Jerks.

    ReplyDelete