So last night, about an hour after sunset, I went outside to see the the Moon, Saturn and the bright star Spica in triple conjunction(close together in the sky, when in reality they are actually very distant in space). And I was going to take an epic picture and make some enlightening post about how the stars are finally in alignment and what that means in my life. But I couldn't see it from the parking lot of my apartment. And I was already in my pajamas. And I didn't want to get in my car and drive to a better vantage point. Clearly this was a very important project to me. :)
Fortuntately, someone else did the leg work.
I don't particularly care about Arcturus, but you know, whatever. Maybe Arcturus is very important in my daily life, and I'm not even aware.
So you got the cop-out version of the photo. Here's the cop-out version of the blog post...
I feel like things are starting to come together in my life. I've made a lot of changes and decisions over the last 6 months(can you believe it's been 6 months?) and things have been a little scattered. But I think I'm finally getting my footing. I'm figuring out what it means to be single and divorced. It means carrying a little more baggage than I'm used to. It means being alone when I really need someone. It means needing every ounce of spunk I possess to make it through a single day. It means dating again(there are pros and cons). It means learning to trust someone again. It means taking care of myself, because no one else is going to. It means being fiscally responsible(but let's be honest, I'm just that person). It means acknowledging that I may not ever have the life I thought I would. It means understand that the life I have might be even better than I thought...I just have to open my mind to the possibilities. It means a lot of tough choices I have to make on my own, for myself. It means doing some things less and other things more. It means being frustrated some days. It means finding new ways to be happy. It means a lot of things have changed, but many have not. It means I've got to start from scratch in some ways. It means I get a 2nd chance.
And while I still have a lot of things to figure out, and I'm still making mistakes(but really, who doesn't?), and I don't know exactly what is on the horizon tomorrow, things are starting to line up pretty nicely(and yes it makes me nervous when things go well...I'm trying to enjoy it and not wait for the next catastrophe...that's really no way to live, is it?). And even if they only line up for one day, it's really pretty impressive that they line up at all, you know, all things considering.

No comments:
Post a Comment