Monday, May 14, 2012

Quotes

So as I waste time with Pinterest, sometimes I come upon a fun little quote.  And I decided to share a few...

"My Doctor told me to start killing people.  Well, not in those exact words.  He said I had to reuce the stress in my life.  Same thing." You know it's true.

"Everything happens for a reason, but sometimes the reason is that you're stupid and you make bad decisions" Story. Of. My. Life.

"Just because I laugh a lot, doesn't mean my life is easy.  Just because I have a smile on my face everyday, doesn't mean that something is not bothering me.  I just choose to move on, and not dwell on all the negatives in my life.  Every new moment gives me the chance to renew anew.  I choose to be that.  I choose to be happy."  I'm working on it.

"Promise yourself to be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.  Look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true.  Think only of the best, work only for the best and expect only the best.  Forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future.  Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others.  Live in the faith that the whole world is on your side as long as you are true to the best that is in you!" This makes me exhausted!

"Motherhood is not a hobby, it is a calling.  You do not collect children because you find them cuter than stamps.  It is not something to do if you can squeeze the time in.  It is what God gave you time for." ~Elder Neal L Anderson Yesterday was Mother's Day, which is my least favorite day of the year...I'm just going to leave it at that.

"It is your reaction to adversity, not the adversity itself, that determines how your life's story will develop." ~ President Dieter F. Uchdorf I need to do a lot better.

"You don't love someone for their looks, or their clothes, or for their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear." ~ Oscar Wilde I love Oscar Wilde.  And I love this quote for oh so many reasons.

"An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward.  So when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it's going to launch you into something great." It ought to be something spectacularly great at this point.

"Pray and seek for strength to change our circumstances rather than praying for our cicumstances to be changed." ~Elder David A. Bednar Yup.



No comments:

Post a Comment