Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Gratitude Day 14

For Day 14, I'm grateful for the opportunity I have to be the lucky "Oldest Child" in my family.  It's a heavy burden, but someone must carry it.  I love when my younger siblings come to me for advice (I usually explain that I make mistakes so that THEY don't have to, I'm just generous that way), or for help with a project.  It's a lot of pressure knowing how much they look up to me and watch me closely to see what choices I'm making.  Not going to lie, it's a little stressful sometimes.  I like taking care of them when they are sick or sad or struggling with something.  I love to see each of them grow as they go through particular challenges in their lives. 

Of course, I love torturing them endlessly when they do goofy things!  (It's all good, they do it right back)  I was worried when I decided to go ahead with the divorce that somehow I would lose respect or something, but not at all.  I'm so grateful that they all understand the difficult choice I had and more than that, they understand why it was so important that I make it. 

I love being the oldest!  And I think I do it pretty well.  I guess I was just born bossy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment