While I'm grateful for ALL my wonderful family, on Friday(which was the 4th day....I've been really busy), I felt extra special love and gratitude for some extra awesome family members.
The divorce has meant a lot of change. I've spent the last couple weeks working on the details of the divorce, as well as putting things together for my new life as a single woman. It's been a lot of hard work; a lot of tears; a lot of heartache. I've been under a lot of stress, but it's nothing to the chest-crushing, suffocating stress I've been experiencing for the last two years. There were a lot of things I'm still trying to work out, but I have some awesome family that would bend over backwards, upside down, side ways and generally become contortionists to help me out.
Friday afternoon, my family and I packed up my allocation of personal property from the house. Until a week prior, I was planning to just rent a storage unit. It was another expense I wasn't thrilled about having to add to my monthly spending, but was necessary...or so I thought. Then, my super-hero uncle, Anthony(seriously Karalynn, thank you so much for marrying someone so awesome), said they had storage in their basement and they would move things around so they could put my stuff there. I was astonished and absolutely overwhelmed by the generosity(I've trained myself not to cry in public so I was completely embarrassed). I said I had some bigger furniture pieces along with boxes of stuff. He told me not to worry; that it was a done deal. Seriously he wasn't going to take no for an answer(from me or the stuff he would have to rearrange to make room).
They came with their truck Friday afternoon. And within a few hours, we were all packed up and done with that part of the awfulness.
This was such a tiny thing on the long list I have of stuff I have to do to move on with life, but it was such a burden they relieved. Karalynn even told me that I was welcome to come stay with them if I ever get uncomfortable at the Home Ward(and yes, that is a little weird). So many people have made similar offers, and every time it happens, my spirit soars and I think of how blessed I am to have such amazingly generous people in my life!
No comments:
Post a Comment