Sunday, November 20, 2011

Gratitude Day 20

Today I am so grateful for inspired church leaders.  The talks in church today were specially chosen for me, I have no doubt.  Listening to others speak about Tender Mercies and Gratitude lifted my heart and made me that much more grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who knows our needs, especially when we might think we need something else, and attends to each us in a very personal way.

I never would have thought or imagined that I would have gone through so much by the age of 29.  But I am so absolutely grateful that I have.  I don't regret my decisions.  At the time, they were the ones I needed to make.  I needed these experiences to make me into the person I am today.  I needed to go through these trials and learn these lessons so that I could be better prepared for... I'm not sure exactly what it is, but I know it will be amazing. 

I've already seen so many blessings pouring out in the last few weeks, and I know more await.  I know that as I continue to be faithful and find joy in the journey, that I will continue to be blessed in ways I can not possibly imagine.  I know this, because I've already seen it in my life.  I know that when I put my faith and trust in the Lord and His plan for me, that everything just takes care of itself.  When I try to fight against the path I need to take, things are much more difficult.  I usually end up where I need to be, but it takes much longer and the process is much more agonizing. 

Someone in church today made a comment that struck me.  They said something about happy people are thankful people.  You'll never see someone who is happy, who is not also full of gratitude.  So, I decided...Even after November is over, I'm going to keep up my daily gratitudes on the Blog.  Not forever, I'm sure you'll all grow tired of that.  But until the Divorce is finalized(so approximately the end of January).  Because I have so much for which to be thankful.  And I know that this trial isn't at it's end yet, and I need to be happy.  And Happy people are Grateful people!

No comments:

Post a Comment