On this Thanksgiving Day, I'm grateful for my Family!
I have an AMAZING family! My Mom, dad and 3 brothers shifted their lives fairly dramatically to accommodate me. I mean I'd barely squeaked out the words, "Can I live here?" before my mom was figuring out where everyone would sleep that night. And the next morning they were up rearranging the entire house to make a space for me(and as much if my stuff as I could carry). And I know it hasn't been easy on any of them(as much as I like to think I'm a joy 100% of the time) to have their 29 year old (they thought I was independent and headstrong when I was 20...) daughter/sister living with them 24/7. But they've been exceptional. The boys don't even make me empty the dishwasher and my mother regularly reassures me that Santa will be able to find me.
My extended family is also AMAZING! Most people didn't know about the ongoing situation. The divorce came as quite a shock to pretty much everyone. In my struggles with my decision, I was concerned that people would judge me for not being able to make my marriage work. My Type A/RED personality doesn't allow Failure and I pretty much felt like a giant FAILURE! But I received encouragement, hugs and more love than I thought it was possible to receive(I also was the happy recipient of a tasty chocolate cheesecake)! I don't know what I did to get to part of such an awesome family, but I'm definitely grateful!
And then there's my "Extended" Family! I've been blessed with the greatest friends on the planet! Many of them, I've known since childhood. Some of them I met in my "wayward" teenage years. And even as I've continued on into adulthood, I've maintained these precious relationships and been blessed with other super awesome people to add to my "family". I'm so grateful for the kind words, the prayers and the hugs(yes, even the hugs...sometimes a girl needs them...even if she has an unexplainable aversion to them)!
My life would absolutely be empty and lackluster without all of my AMAZING(generous, loving, selfless, supportive...insert really awesome adjective here) FAMILY!!! I am so grateful!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment