Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Gratitude Day 34

Sunday was an interesting day. I woke up and was just preparing myself to get out of bed and get ready for church, when my dad came down and told me church was cancelled so we could all help with clean up from Thursday's storm.

It was a very unique experience and I'm grateful I got to be part of it. It was amazing to see everyone come together to clean up yards, load up tree pieces and drive out to the city dump. The city opened it Sunday just so the clean up could get taken care of. The line to the dump was crazy! I couldn't believe how many trees were downed in the storm!

It was so surreal. I'd never been part of a "disaster" clean up before. How amazing it was to see a community pull together!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment