I have some pretty awesome genetics. I know that sounds odd. But it's pretty true. Allow me to elaborate.
I've never had a cavity. No. It's true! I do not know what it feels like to have my teeth drilled. I know what it feels like to be numbed because I had my 2 front teeth pulled when I was about 5. But aside from that, I've never had a traumatizing experience at the dentist. I go, I'm cleaned, x-rayed and counted and I go home. My dentist used to tell me to rinse with coke. He thought it was funny, so I laughed. So yeah, I'm 29 and cavity free. Never had braces either. I know this is genetics because my siblings are the same way.
I still get to enjoy the company of both sets of grandparents! First, how lucky am I?! I mean, I know I'm one of the older grandchildren on both sides, but I still think it's pretty impressive. And both sets are still kicking(mostly). I mean, they've had to slow down a bit and none of them really want to admit they are aging, but for the most part, they've lived very healthy, very active lives! And you know, I have great grandparents that lived into their 90's? Yup I'm pretty much going to live forever.
Something else that I think goes along with that....I have a super immune system. I don't spend much time being sick. An annual sinus infection, which can usually be blamed on allergies, is about all I suffer from. Don't misunderstand. I catch colds and other bugs too. But not near so often as others. I know there's a lot of gross things going around right now. I've been healthy and happy(I actually remember reading some article one that happy people tend to get sick less. I think that's true.), even though a lot of people I know have been ill(knock on wood, of course).
There are a lot of other great things I got through genetics, but I don't want to bore you further. Just know....I'm grateful!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment