Friday, December 2, 2011

Gratitude Day 31

Remember when I said I was going to keep being grateful until approximately the end of January? No?  Read about it HERE.

We had a really awful wind storm yesterday.  Fortunately, the house and everyone in it came out relatively unscathed.  However, I had to go to the University of Utah to play the piano.  It was already quite cold and the wind made it colder...and very treacherous. 

So...I am very grateful for my wool peacoat.  I love it so much for so many reasons.  But it especially protected me from the elements yesterday.  And I'm grateful for blankets and sweats and muppet socks.  Our power didn't come back on until midnight.  That  meant a lot of bundling.  We weren't sure when it was coming back on, so we had to be prepared for Human Popsicle scenario.

So grateful for the people who worked so hard to restore power!  So grateful for the heat that I usually enjoy!  So grateful the giant pine tree in our yard didn't fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment