Monday, August 6, 2012

I've Got Productivity Coming Out of My...

Well, you get the idea. 

Let me give you a little snapshot of my day...

6:00 a.m.- Alarm goes off.  I was enjoying some unusually good sleep so that was less than thrilling.  But up I got and did a little early morning workout.  Stretching for my Do the Splits goal (getting closer...I'd be closer still if I did my stretching consistently).  Got ready for the day.

7:30 a.m.- Out the door, into the car and get some singing practicing done in the car on my way to the good old DATC.  I'm pretty much the queen of multi-tasking. 

8:00 a.m.-  Class starts.  I work through my last section of my math homework.  I take my 4th test and...drumroll please... I pass with a 91%!  Huzzah!  This means I don't have to take the final.  Soooo.

11:00 a.m. to Noon - I sit and wait in the unending line to get my next class set up.  My next class is Intro to Pharmacy Technician and it's only a 15 hour class, which means I'll be done in a week.  Oh yeah.  Because I can only take 1 class at a time because of the MWF schedule I'm doing so that I can play at the University on Tuesdays and Thursday.  Oh well.  I'll still finish pretty efficiently.  Unfortunately that means I continue to have the same class for 6 hours a day.  Yucky.

Noon-ish-  Go to the Bookstore and pick up a couple more things for the class I will be taking AFTER the Intro class.  I know. I know.  I'm an overachiever.  But I have a long weekend because I don't have class on Friday ( I don't know why the DATC is closed Thursday and Friday, but it is) and so I want to make sure I have appropriate material to prepare.  Yes.  I'm that kid.

12:30 p.m.- Go to the bank.  Nothing too exciting here.  Just a deposit.  Although, I do love putting money in the bank.

1:00 p.m. -  Home.  I start cleaning my room in preparation for what ends up being an out of control cleaning afternoon.  You see, I came home from church yesterday to discover my roommate's mother (yes the roommate that drives me bonkers but I'm trying really hard to not get frustrated with) was staying with us and she'd brought a furry little rat with her.  Okay.  It was a dog.  But still.  It was some kind of long-haired ratty looking creature that made my eyes water just looking at it.  And since A) it caught me off guard and B) I'm non-confrontational, I rushed upstairs, changed and then retreated before my allergies got worse or I killed someone/thing...or both.  Anyway...because of the dog incident, I knew the house needed to be cleaned top to bottom to eliminate further allergen spreading.  And since Bea had to work, Lindsey and I got right to it.  She tackled the kitchen while I worked my OCD magic on the living room.  I'm actually doing a lot better at the not having to have things super clean, but when it comes to the animal allergy issue, I am VERY thorough.  It's either that or I suffocate.  I even vacuumed the offending roommate's Dry Clean Only blanket.  I didn't know what else to do and I certainly couldn't risk all the hair and dander transferring to the newly clean house.  So we vacuumed and mopped and wiped and dusted the house top to bottom.  And I did laundry.  Then, we went to town on our bedrooms.  I sorted and organized and...yeah I was on a ROLL!  And all the while I did some more singing practicing.  Seriously guys, my room is spotless.  And I got all my laundry done.

6:00 p.m.-  Yes we did 5 hours of cleaning.  Dinner time for me.  Lindsey and I sat down to enjoy dinner and a little Downton Abbey. 

6:45 p.m.-  Get ready and go to Centerpoint for rehearsal.

7:00 p.m.-  10:00 p.m.-  Rehearsal  We did some dancing today.  I'm so excited to be in a show where I get to sing and dance...and you know, be on stage for more than 3.5 minutes.  Unfortunately, I made another creeper friend.  I need less stalker-like friends. 

10:15 p.m.-  Get home from Rehearsal.  A little wind-down talk with Lindsey, pajama time, a little blogging, reload my T-Mobile monthly plan (stupid sales guy who said I couldn't do it online) and well, you're all caught up.

11:30ish p.m.-  (That's about now)  Go to sleep.

I mean, I should be exhausted.  Aren't you just reading it all?

No comments:

Post a Comment