Sunday, August 5, 2012

My Favorite Things...Yeah I've Got More

I have some new favorite things in life.  And since this is my blog, and I can write whatever I want, I'm going to share them.  Maybe they're not life-changing for you, but keep in mind that each of these things has changed me in some way.

#1-  Pharmacy Technician School-  I really like to be challenged.  I like to be pushed.  It's the kind of environment in which I thrive.  And Pharmacy is something so different than anything I've ever pursued.  But you know what?  I'm good at it.  That's not to say that I don't have to work at it.  I do.  But working hard at something doesn't bother me.  Give me a challenge, please.  I love a good challenge.

#2-  "If Only" From The Little Mermaid, the musical- I'm working on a "Role Study" right now.  When you do a Role Study, you learn all the songs that a specific character sings in the show and stuff.  So I'm learning Ariel's songs from the musical.   This particular song is a Quartet with Ariel, Prince Eric, Sebastian and King Triton.  And I really love it.  I think it's partially because I feel like I don't always have to voice I need to communicate things to people.  I try to let them know in different ways, but I'm not always great at using my words.  And Ariel's plea "If Only" Eric knew the things she wishes she could say, strikes home with me in so many aspects of my life.   If you're unfamiliar, I suggest you find it an listen to it.  Maybe it's not your cup of tea, but I love it.

#3-  Truly Great Parents- I have really awesome parents.  Not only are they being supportive of the fairly crazy ideas I've had this summer(last minute 80 hour road trip anyone?  Impulsively going to Pharmacy School?  Showing up at their house at a late hour in tears from a stress-induced breakdown?), they taught me excellent life skills that come in very handy.  In order to continue doing the things that I love (music) and pay for school, I'm definitely using my budgeting skills they taught me and really appreciative of all the saving money lessons they instilled in us growing up.  This means I know that, at the very least, all of my schooling can be covered by my savings.  But since I'm still scheduling work at the University of  Utah and anywhwere else I can squeeze it in (also thank to the parents teaching me to work my way through life), it shouldn't have to be.  For that and so many things, they get to make the Favorite Things list.

#4-  My New Pictures- I know I already mentioned how much I love them.  But seriously.  They're amazing!  And I promise to share some more with you soon.

#5-  Agency-  My Truly Great Parents always drilled Agency and Consequences into our heads.  I understand that I make choices.  And when I make choices, I have consequences.  Cause and Effect people.  This should not be a foreign concept.  What seems to be foreign for some people is that you not only have to accept the good effects, but you have to accept the bad ones too.  I have absolutely no problem accepting responsbility for my actions.  In fact, as you might have gathered from previous posts, I have a tendency to accept responsibility for other people's actions too.  But sometimes, I forget that when I'm suffering the ill effects of something, I have a choice to make it stop.  In the spirit of that, I'm taking a break from Facebook.  It's app is getting deleted off my phone.  And since I don't have 24/7 access to my computer, I won't be nearly as tempted to visit.  I just get frustrated that whenever I'm bored, I feel like I should check facebook, like that's going to solve my boredom.  It doesn't.  Particularly not when I'm bored every 3 minutes, so nothing really has time to change.  The new goal is no more than once a day.  And I won't be posting, unless it's pictures through Instagram.  I'm trying really hard not to judge people or get frustrated with people and Facebook makes those things REALLY difficult.

I think for tonight, that's all the Favorite Things I'll share.  They're really in no particular order, just as they popped into my head.

Now I'm headed back to studying for what should be my final Pharmacy Math test tomorrow morning.  Then I get to register for new classes.  I'm pretty excited to not spend 6 hours a day working on math.

No comments:

Post a Comment