Monday, January 9, 2012

Being Brilliant May Be Dangerous to My Health

So today I had a BRILLIANT idea(truth be told, I have brilliant ideas everyday, but I thought this one deserved mentioning).  I decided to record some of my singing practice for voice lessons.

Unfortunately(or fortunately, I suppose, depending on how you look at it), this led to me discovering that I'm one of those people.  You know the people who go on American Idol and yell at the judges and tell them that their family and friends love to hear them sing and the judges are just stupid and wouldn't talent if it spit in their face?  Yup.  I'm one of those people.  Apparently, all these years people have been too afraid of my delicate self-esteem or some crap like that and have been artificially promoting my singing "talent".  Somehow you even got Weber State in on it because they offered me a vocal scholarship and were going to let me be a Vocal Performance major!  Seriously, folks!  You weren't doing me any favors.

Yes.  I did read that and realize that it's the ranting of a crazy woman.  Fine.  It's not THAT bad.  Although, I am beginning to understand why I am not being cast and why I was cast as a silent horse in my last show. 

You know what?!  Just let me cry a little and have my freaking pity party!  I'm surrounded by incredibly talented friends!  And what I just listened to today with the help of my iPhone recording App(my iPhone is my only true friend), was NOT acceptable.  My poor roommate who has been home listening to me this afternoon(well, I assume she made it through the practice session...I should go see if she left...or worse...died)!

No more brilliant ideas.  Espeically not ones that involve me recording and listening to myself sing.  Yes.  I've already deleted the recordings.  Now I have to go curl up in the corner and die a little.  This is not helping my New Years resolution to sing in front of people I know.  Maybe I just need to know more deaf people...

No comments:

Post a Comment