Sunday, January 15, 2012

Life Lessons Part 1 of 6,987,051

The last 2 weeks, my General Music classes watched Fiddler on the Roof.  That's a lot of Fiddler on the Roof.  Plus, I was in Fiddler when I was a senior in High School. So I've really been on  Fiddler overload. 

But...there are plenty of lessons to learn from Fiddler.  And so I present the first in a series of Life Lessons posts...

Tevye says in one scene, "I know. I know. We are Your chosen people.  But, once in a while, can't You choose someone else?"

I totally feel this way. So. Much. Of. The. Time.

I find myself looking skyward and saying, "Really?  Again?  Haven't I already learned this lesson?  Can't we just move on?  How about that life lesson that everything is AWESOME?  Huh?  When do I get that one?"

Apparently, there are some lessons we get to learn over and over and over.  Patience.  That's one of them.  I gotta say, I'm not a fan of the methods used to teach this one.  Oh well.  I'm getting used to it.  It's great to be chosen, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment