Thursday, January 5, 2012

Don't Hate Me Cuz I'm... Happy?

I'm a happy person. Everyone just needs to deal with it. Even growing up people criticized me for being "too happy".

Really? Is there such a thing? I suppose that, comparatively speaking, I might be a little intense sometimes for people to handle.

What I want to know is why you would want me to be anything else? Do people want me to be miserable? I mean, I suppose you should expect someone in my situation to be walking around with a storm cloud over their head. But no one should want or wish me to be utterly miserable. On the contrary, I would think, people should be hoping I could find happiness again.

Don't misunderstand. Most of you amazing folk are very supportive and encouraging and I know you are happy that I am happy. There are a few(some that I encounter regularly and a few I wish I didn't ever have to see again) who judge me and my happiness.

And you know what I will happily give them? An extra big smile! So there.

And why shouldn't I be happy? Do you have any idea what my life has been like these last 2 years? No. You don't. And there's a good chance you're not going to find out. It's not something I want to think about and relive constantly. And by judging me and telling me that it's unbecoming (or whatever far more derogatory word you want to use) for a person in my "situation" to "already" be functioning in society, makes me feel like a terrible person. And I'm not a terrible person.

Furthermore, I am not cold and unfeeling(at least I assume not considering the gallons of tears I've shed during this and my many other trials not to mention the rainbow of positive emotions i experience daily). I'm actually a very passionate person and it's incredibly frustrating that people make me doubt that or even convince me that I am cold and unfeeling.

So, when you see me smiling and being a freaking ray of sunshine, just accept it. Smile back. Don't judge me. Be happy for me. It's really ok that I move on with life. Trust me. I've earned my chance to be so happy.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Those other people obviously don't know you very well. You are amazing to have bounced back as fast as you have. Not many people are strong enough nor have the determination to do that! It doesn't mean that you are unfeeling, you are just over it. You are free to do whatever the heck you want now so why not do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't pretend to know you very well, we worked together a LONG time ago. But I do have to say I think you are being really strong, and it's okay to be happy!! But it's okay to be sad too.. So all I would say is let yourself feel both, and everything in between. And say screw you to everyone who judges you for it!

    ReplyDelete