Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Good Intentions

Today I had some really good intentions. 

Good Intention #1-  I fully intended to go home and take a much needed nap.  I'm trying really hard (and only semi-successfully) not to get sick(er).  There's so much crap going around the school.  And somehow I've spent the better part of 2 weeks with an on-again-off-again sore throat.  And I'm less than pleased. 

INSTEAD- I went to visit my sister-in-law.  Truthfully, I was doing this anyway.  I needed to give her some pictures.  But I ended up staying for a while(I probably over stayed my visit and she wanted to give me the boot many many times) and chatting.  All the talking didn't so much help the sore throat issue...but it was good to just sit and talk about stuff.  And I've been so busy teaching and playing the piano and running 8 million different places, that I haven't gotten to see much of my nieces.  So it was nice to see Emma, even if she was a little grumpy because it was nap time.

Good Intention #2- I totally intended to tidy up my room and do some other cleaning(because cleaning is cheaper than therapy).  SIDE NOTE:  Our house is so not big enough/dirty enough for all the cleaning therapy I've needed recently.

BUT- I got home and needed to eat some lunch.  And Lindsey was watching How I Met Your Mother, which I love.  So we watched an episode.  And then we talked for a bit(also not helping my throat).  I suppose I can be a crazy cleaning person some other time.

Good Intention #3- I absolutely intended to grade papers and then input said grades into the system(because after 7 weeks of subbing, I finally realized how to do that from home). 

HOWEVER- The system didn't want to cooperate.  It also didn't want me to check my email for the school.  Well, I tried.  What more can you really do?

Good Intention #4- I intended to not waste time on the internet tonight.

FOR THIS- I blame the School District System for not cooperating.  So now when I have a whole slew of crazy blog posts...we know whose fault it is.

Not mine.  I had good intentions...

No comments:

Post a Comment