I have my share of bad days. And most days are fine. But every once in a while, you get a particularly awesome day. Yesterday was one of those days for me. Want to hear about it? Too bad. You're going to anyway.
With the weather being less than wintery this season, and my schedule being less than accomodating, I hadn't been skiing yet. I finally resolved that I would go this last Saturday, whether conditions were ideal or not(not exactly ideal because I did have a recital at 7:30 that night and I probably should have stayed home and practiced...oh well). I even managed to find someone to come with me. I imagine skiing by yourself is not much fun. While it's not the most social activity, it's still more fun to have people with you. So my friend, Dan, was nice enough to come and watch me struggle through my 2nd year(and only 7th time ever) of skiing. He snowboarded, but was a really good sport and stayed nearby and even told me I was doing pretty well. Actually, I did do MUCH better than I thought I would. I remember falling down A LOT last year. I only fell 4 times this trip and 2 of those were on the last run of the day. And I tried embracing my inner speed demon(which is difficult for me because falling when I'm going that fast doesn't sound like fun...also, speed makes me feel out of control, and we all know about me control issues), and did pretty well.
All-in-all, it was a really nice day of skiing. The weather cooperated. The company was great! And I didn't make too much of a fool out of myself(try not to make too many embarrassing comments because Dan does read my blog...thanks guys).
After rushing home and going through a whirlwind routine of getting cleaned up and dressed up, I was off to the recital. I had to play for about 10 students and then I was singing a song as well. I really should have practiced my piano a little bit more. But I'm glad I went skiing.
The recital was fantastic! I sang "Someone Else's Story" from Chess. And I was AWESOME! My mom cried, my grandma cried, Cecily cried. I didn't. Which is probably good because I was singing. But the reason they all cried was...well, look up the lyrics to the song. You'll understand. And know that I didn't choose the song. Lee, Cecily's fill in for the last few weeks, picked it and he didn't know a whole lot about me.
Definitely a great day! I'm excited for many more like it!
No comments:
Post a Comment