You know, I really don't have much of a sweet tooth. Not usually, anyway. I mean, I enjoy the occassional sweet(candy, cookie, ice cream), but typically, I'm perfectly content without them.
But recently, I don't know what's gotten into me. I'm baking cookies(and then eating them). I'm grabbing bags of candy at the store(and then eating them). I'm thinking of all the tasty dessert recipes I have and wanting to make them(and then eat them).
Now, it's really not doing me much harm right now. I'm not gaining weight(in fact I'm down a bit...please don't hate me). But it's not good for me in so many ways. Plus, I can't exactly consume all these treats by myself. So I share....with people who might not have the same awesome metabolism I do, or are trying to lose weight, or think I'm trying to make them fat. It's a serious problem.
Yesterday, I came home from school and decided to bake some chocolate chip cookies. I used my uncle, Anthony's recipe. They are the best chocolate chip cookies ever. And I did a pretty decent job too. They look pretty and tasty good. I should have put a tiny bit less flour in, but it's okay.
See? Really tasty looking, right?
But this needs to end. I've come up with a couple of theories about why it's happening in the first place. This isn't how I respond to stress, I know it's not that. (you've all heard about my OCD tendencies, right?) One possibility might be boredom. Don't get me wrong, I'm an incredibly busy person. And that's the problem. When I get really busy, I feel really awkward when I have ANY downtime. I need a healthier hobby. I have another month of subbing and then I can fit the gym back into my life. That will be good. I actually have a lot of Disney World scrapbooking I could be doing.
Another possibility is that I'm making up for lost time. I really love to cook. I didn't so much during Sleepy Hollow because of rehearsals and performances. And then when I moved into my mom's house...well, you know how it's weird to cook in someone else's kitchen? Yep. And eventhough she raised me and I have a lot of the same neurotic tendencies in the kitchen, I wouldn't want to encroach on her territory.
Whatever the reason, it's got to stop. I need a new hobby. Anyone have a suggestion? I don't like hobbying just for the sake of hobbying, though. So if I'm gonna crochet or knit, I've got to have a reason I'm doing it. I can't just make afghans until my fingers bleed just because. Although, I do have a couple more baby afghans I need to be working on. I guess I could get on top of that(that should keep me busy for like a week).
Anyway...I'm looking for some suggestions for killing time. Maybe something that is productive and could improve me as a person?
No comments:
Post a Comment