Today I got to bump a kid from a solo/ensemble group. He's tone deaf and seriously throwing off the other kids. I was unaware of the issue at the time I let kids volunteer. If I'd known, I could have avoided it altogether. No worries though. I did it nicely. He's in a mixed group too. I told him that group needed him more and I needed to give other kids an opportunity. Sneaky, right? I promise he has no idea. He sings so loudly, I know he can't possibly be aware of how off pitch he is.
AND today is Parent/Teacher Conference. I've actually had quite a few parents come. I think most of them are here to hear how wonderful their kids are. Sometimes that's true. I wish more of the truly awful students would have their parents come. But at the same time, I don't particularly want to deal with grumpy parents.
But I'm here for 2 hours! And while they told me they'd "take care of it", I'm not 100% convinced I'm getting paid for this. I'm such an over achiever.
Is it 5:30 yet?
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment