You know...I've never really observed Valentines day. It's just any other day to me. I don't appreciate the social pressure to either A) Have someone to Love or B) Be really bitter about not having someone to love.
And this isn't like some new thing just because of my current life circumstances. I've never been a fan. And it's not that I'm angry about it. I just prefer ignoring it.
However, I have a roommate who is a little on the melodramatic side and I'm afraid that if I don't plan a structured evening, it might turn into a Hate on Men session. And I'm really just not that person. (I'm really not very good at being a girl sometimes...I didn't throw myself pity parties when I didn't get asked to dances(good thing...that would have been a lot of pity parties). I don't eat ice cream and chocolate when I get frustrated or depressed...I do however clean like a maniac. I don't like to sit and have "girl talk" and go on and on about personal things that really no one needs to know. Don't get me wrong. I love me a juicy bit of gossip now and then about people I went to high school with. And I have my crazy girl moments where there's really no reason for me to cry, but I do(in private, of course). And I do love shoes. That's a girly thing. But mostly...I was never good a being a girl.)
So tomorrow we'll be dipping Strawberries in preparation for the fateful morrow. And then I'm planning on making Cafe Rio Pork for dinner(And yes, it's as good as the restaurant.). And then watch a movie Tuesday night. My preference would be an action movie. Something with attractive men without shirts(or Matt Damon in the White Shirt...). I have a feeling I'm going to lose that battle though. I like chick flicks from time to time. But they're not my go-to, feel good movies. (Remember how I'm not a good girl? Give me an action movie any day.) So I'll smile and endure a sappy romantic comedy. Or I'll clean up dinner and go to bed early.
My mom is making an ice cream cake for me though. So that's lovely. AND I do like some Valentines Day candy.(but not conversation hearts...unless they're the Sweet Tart kind.)
But to be quite honest, I'm much more excited about Presidents Day. I get that holiday off.
No comments:
Post a Comment