Saturday, February 18, 2012

Dead to Me

See this kid?
He's my 17 year old brother.  Yesterday morning he called me up and this is how the conversation went.

Kevin:  Guess where we are?
Wendi: Um...Las Vegas? (Since that's where my parents and two little brothers went after school got out Thursday for the long weekend.  I was not invited.)
Kevin:  We're in Disneyland.
Wendi:  No you're not.
Kevin:  Yes we are.  Walking under Tarzan's Treehouse.  That's where we were really going, we just didn't want to tell anyone.
Wendi: Liar.
Kevin:  No seriously.  Listen! (And then he procedes to hold his phone away from his head so I can hear the music in the background.)
Wendi: (growing concerned at this point) Put Mom on the phone!
(Mom gets on)
Wendi:  Are you guys in Disneyland?

My mom proceded to play along for a little bit until she realized that I was just about in tears.  You just don't joke about vacations and Disneyland.  It's not okay.

I told my mom to tell Kevin he was singing a cappella for the rest of his life.  And then I disowned him all together.

He is dead to me.  I now only have 3 brothers. 

Let that be a lesson to all of you.

1 comment:

  1. I laughed pretty hard at this. Three brothers is plenty anyway.

    ReplyDelete